See, feel and convey it is all I can say about me.
They are often our actions, not our words, which speak of us. The same applies to photographers; not matter how hard we try to describe our work, they are the images that we produce the ones that reveal the content of our soul.
Asier Garagarza is a Basque photographer (born in Donostia-San Sebastián, Guipúzcoa, he lives in Tolosa) who loves photos based on abstraction or those in which people are the protagonist and if not, photos which resemble the presence of people. He also enjoys getting lost in a beach or forest and capturing images of a lonely view or landscape…
Asier stated being interested in photography at an early age, when he was just a kid, as he was the witness of his uncle revealing photos in the dark room. His uncle had a Hasselblad 500c, and Asier used to take photos with that camera whenever his uncle was absent-minded. After some time, he got his first camera, a Minolta Dinax 300, and started to look through it and to enjoy photography.
That was the seed sown in his childhood which later had started to grow slowly with its lights and shadows until the digital photography era arrived. It was then when lessons on photography and reveal, and the fact that he was surrounded by people with experience on photography, changed the sense of the photography itself. It gave a huge step from being a simple pastime to becoming a passionate hobby which required, demanded more and more in his photography as well as in himself.
He has participated in many national and international competitions, and he has been obtaining numerous awards among which we can the following are some of them:
• In 2018, Spain national photography award (CEF).
• In 2018, Gold medal (27. Trierenberg Super circuit) (Austria).
• In 2018, Finalist in the HIPA (The Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum International Photography Awards) (Dubai).
• In 2017, Argizaiola Award, as the best Basque photographer. He also obtained several accesits in 2013 and 2014.
• In 2017, International Photography Awards(Spain). Silver medal to the best collection in the section of Fine art landscape and bronze medal in the section of and bronze medal in the section of Fine art, free photography.
• In 2016-17, The third place winner in II Spanish league of Confederation of Photography (CEF).
• In 2016, commended in the section of Architecture in the Sony World Photography Awards.
• In 2015, The third-place winner in the category Fine art, in the 10th Annual Black & White Spider Awards (USA).
• In 2014, Marqués de Rocaverde award to the best Basque photographer in the Gipuzkoa international trophy. (Gipuzkoa International Award)
He has the MCEF/p title or coalification of the Spanish Confederation of Photography (CEF) and the EFIAP of the International Federation of the Art of Photography (FIAP).
He has Ha exposed his Works in several Spanish cities such as Eibar, Bilbao, Barcelona, San Sebastian, Pamplona, Tafalla, Calella, Tolosa, Hondarribia, Palma de Mallorca …
In addition to this, he has exposed his work internationally, in countries such as Germany, Austria, UK, France, Belgium, Italy, Greece, China, Japan, Montenegro and the United States.
One of his last works has been exhibited at the Korea International Festival, at the Hangaram Design Museum Seoul Arts Center and at the private gallery Wa (瓦), Yangpyeong, Gyeonggi-do Province of Korea. He has also published on online magazines and paper magazines such as Super foto digital, ¡SHOT! Magazine, LNH and Fine Art Emotions.
Asier Garagarza is considered a photographer of great projection within the Fine art.